Tik Tok app has become really popular and is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide. As such, it’s only natural that a small percentage of these users will come across a few errors while using the application. If you are one of the unfortunate users getting TikTok errors like login issues, camera lagging, server errors, app not working and more, then we have created an entire guide to help you fix these issues.
TikTok has a great appeal amongst youngsters and has sort of provided a social platform where they can showcase their talents and build their own following. You can find a lot of people performing various dance routines on the best songs, enacting various bits from their favorite movies and shows and just having fun while sharing all the content with their followers. Being free, anyone can join the platform and be a part of this growing community as you only need an Internet connection to use the app. So, you wouldn’t want to face any issues while you are just getting started with building your following which is the reason why you should know how to solve any errors that arise!
How to Fix TikTok Errors on Android?
We have listed down all the common errors related to the TikTok application followed by the method to solve them. You can scroll down through these errors one by one, find the issue you’ve been facing and implement the fix right away.
1. Tik Tok Network Issues
Method 1: Delete the cache of TikTok app
- Go to “Settings” on your smartphone.
- Scroll down and tap on the “Apps” option.
- Find “TikTok” from the list of the apps and then tap on it.
- Then, tap on “Storage” and select on “Clear Cache” to delete the cache of the application.
Method 2: Grant all permissions to the app
- Go to “Settings” and select “Apps”.
- Tap on the “TikTok” app from the list.
- Select “Permissions” and grant all the permissions listed there.
2. TikTok Login Issues
Method 1: Type correct credentials
Make sure that you are entering correct username and password while logging in to your account. Don’t use “@” before your username and make sure that the caps are on/off, whenever required. Mostly people forget about the capital letters and numbers in their password which leads to this issue.
If you are using correct username and password and still facing login issues on your smartphone, then use the below method.
Method 2: Clear cache of Google Play Services
Google Play Services is one of the most important apps on your smartphone as it overlooks proper functioning of the system as well as the installed apps. Moreover, it syncs all your app data and stores the device data so that it records all the progress you’ve made within the app. Here’s how you can clear the cache of Google Play Services to begin anew:
- Go to “Settings” on your phone.
- Scroll down and tap on “Apps”, and then select “Google Play Services” from the list.
- Now, tap on the “Force Stop” button.
- Next, click on the “Storage” option and then click on the “Clear Cache” option.
- Finally, reboot your device.
3. App Not Working / Server Errors / Not Loading
Method 1: Clear Data and Cache of the app
- Go to “Settings” and then select the “Apps” option.
- Select “TikTok” app from the list and then tap on the “Storage” option.
- Now, tap on the “Clear Data” option to clear all the app data and then tap on the “Clear Cache” option to clear the cache.
- Go back and launch the Tik Tok app on your smartphone.
- You will have to login once again, so enter your username and password to login and you’re done!
Method 2: Reset App Preferences
- Navigate to the “Settings” on your phone and go to “Apps”.
- Next, click on the “Menu” option (or the “three dots”) on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select “Reset App Preferences” and confirm.
4. Tik Tok Stopped Working / Force Closes / Not Responding Errors
Method 1: Reboot Your Device
If the Tik Tok application is not working as it’s supposed to be, then close the app and reboot your smartphone. Then, check if an updated version of the app is available and update it. Now, launch it once again to see if the problem persists.
Method 2: Switch Android User
- Pull down the notification bar all the way down on your phone and then tap on the “User” option.
- Switch to the “Guest User” account.
- Once again, download the Tik Tok app on your phone.
- Launch the app once it is installed, and try logging in again using your existing credentials to see if the app is working fine or not.
- If the app is working fine, then there’s some other issue.
Method 3: Free up the Storage on your phone
This is a given as you need to have free space on your phone to avoid any kind of lagging while using various apps or playing games. There are a ton of apps that require free RAM and free space to function properly and when they are deprived of this, it causes errors. So make sure that no other “heavy” application is running in the background hogging all the resources before you launch the Tik Tok application.
What Other Tik Tok Errors Are You Facing?
These were some of the most common errors that users have faced in the past while using the Tik Tok application. If you were one of those people, or if you are still facing one of these issues regularly, then I am sure you will be able to resolve them using the above guide.
Also See: How to Login to Tik Tok?
Since the application is growing at a tremendous rate, there might be some other issues that need to be addressed which aren’t listed above as of yet. So, if you are facing any TikTok errors that haven’t been listed above, please drop them in the comments section and we’ll take a look at them and try to find the best solution.
Till then, make sure to spread the word and share this article with your friends who are active Tik Tok users so that they can solve any errors that arise immediately and continue making videos on a regular basis!