Social media sites can be a boon or bane depending on how you use it, but you have to agree that it does come with its own set of problems if you are not too careful. For starters, you can get too hooked to the site and spend a lot of time on it, completely ignoring your work in the process. And there are studies that have shown the Instagram could be one of the worst platform for young people’s mental health. So, if you are thinking of taking a break from social media and want to get rid of your account, then we are going to see how to delete Instagram account on Android in this article!
Instagram is by far one of the most popular picture-sharing platforms in the world. It’s so popular that people have literally kickstarted their careers on the platform and make their living off of it. Plus, people not only use it to share their photos and show their friends what they’ve been up to, but the big businesses are using its immense reach to attract audience as well. You must already be well aware of the “Instagram models” that have attracted millions of followers with ease and became influencers in their own right. If you are using the platform in moderation, like taking a break from your hectic work schedule to look at memes or to check out what your friends have been sharing, then it’s all good. But when you are spending more time on the platform rather than doing something productive, that’s when you are in trouble.
If that’s the case, then you need to take a step forward and completely delete your account. If you want to take a short break, then there’s an option to temporarily deactivate your account; but we are not interested in that. In this article, we will see the steps you need to follow in order to permanently delete Instagram account. So, let’s get started!
How to Download Instagram Pictures and Account Details?
Before you get rid of your Instagram account completely, it might be a good idea to download all the information and media files that you’ve shared on the platform. This includes all your photos and videos you shared on your profile, all your comments as well as your profile information.
To download all your data, simply click on this link to begin the process. Enter your email address and then enter your password and click on the “Request Download” button.
Unfortunately, it may take Instagram up to 48 hours to compile all your data in a package and send it to you via email. So you need to be patient for sometime while this data is being gathered. As soon as you’ve received the email with the download link, you can save your data and start following the below process to delete your account once and for all!
How to Delete Instagram Account Permanently?
Deleting your Instagram account from your Android device is quite simple as I have explained below. Follow the steps properly, and you will be able to delete your account permanently with ease!
- Open Instagram app on your smartphone and go to the profile of the account that you want to delete.
- On the profile page, tap on the “3 horizontal lines” at the top-right corner of the screen and then click on “Settings” at the bottom of the screen.
- You will see an entire menu with multiple options, so scroll down and click on the “Help” option.
- On the next screen, click on “Help Center” and you will exit the app and the help center will open on your smartphone’s browser.
- On this screen, click on the “Managing Your Account” and a new page will open.
- Now, click on “Delete Your Account” option.
- On this page, you will see multiple options like temporarily disabling your account or permanently deleting it. If you just want to take a break then you can disable it for the time being, but if you want to delete it, then choose the second option.
- The information will be revealed and you have to select the “Delete Your Account page” by clicking on it.
- At this point, you will be asked to login to your account if you’re not already logged in.
- Then, you need to enter a reason why you want to delete your account, re-enter your password and then finally click on the “Permanently delete my account” option at the bottom of the page.
By following the above steps, you have successfully delete your Instagram account permanently. After this, you won’t be able to login to your account or retrieve any data that might be there, so make sure you’ve downloaded all the pictures and videos you uploaded on your profile before you delete it permanently.
So, there you have it! That’s how you can get rid of your Instagram account once and for all and start focusing on doing something productive with your time. If you are running a business and being on Instagram is a crucial part of it, then you shouldn’t worry; but if you are just wasting time looking it girls, memes and just getting jealous of all the “perfect” pictures, then you should get rid of the account immediately.
I am sure that you won’t find any issues while following the above mentioned steps to delete your Instagram account. If you do face any issues, then do let me know via the comments below. Also, share the article with your friends who are so addicted to the platform that they spend literally all day on it!