When you Facebook app on your smartphone, you will need the Facebook Messenger app as well to chat with your friends. It makes it easy to send messages as well as make voice and video calls and if you would like to download, install and use Facebook Messenger for PC, then you can do so using BlueStacks emulator.
The application is available for free and you can not only chat with your friends on Facebook but also with all the friends in your contacts list. It is easy to download Facebook Messenger app on your computer and once that is done, you will be able to login with your Facebook account and then send messages to your friends to start a conversation. Apart from text messages, you can also make voice calls and video calls to your friends for free using the Internet. You can create groups and add all your friends and chat with everyone at the same time. So, if you are interested in downloading Facebook Messenger for PC, then keep reading the article.
The application is available for free for Android and iOS; but if you want to download Facebook Messenger app for PC, then you will have to use an Android emulator software to do that. Let’s have a look at the features of the app and then see the installation process.
Facebook Messenger for PC – Features
- The app is completely free to download and use.
- You need an Internet connection to use the app for free otherwise the data charges may apply.
- Send a text message to your friends and start having a conversation with them. You can not only chat with your Facebook friends but also with the friends in your contacts list on your phone.
- You can create groups and add all the friends and you can click a photo or shoot a video right from the app and then send it to your friends.
- The Chat Heads feature allows you to talk with your friends while you are using other applications.
- You can make free calls to your friends using the application. The calls are free over WiFi and if you are not connected to the Internet, then data charges may apply.
- There are also features like stickers, recording voice messages, forwarding the messages, see if the friends have read your message, share your location and more.
These are some of the best features of the Facebook Messenger for PC app that you should know of before you download and use it. It is a simple app and you can use it on your computer to stay in touch with all your online friends.
Now that we know all about the application as well as its features, we will now see the steps to download Facebook Messenger for computer. You will need an Internet connection for the process, so make sure you are connected to WiFi.
Download Facebook Messenger for PC
- Download BlueStacks 2 app player and install it on your computer.
- Once installed, use your Gmail ID to login, authenticate your BlueStacks account and enable the App Sync to setup the emulator software.
- Now, click on the Search icon on the dashboard.
- Type in “Facebook Messenger” and hit find button.
- A new tab will open which will show you the search results in Google Play Store.
- Click the first link from the results which will be of the messenger app.
- The official page of the Facebook Messenger app will open in the Play Store on your emulator.
- Now, you simply need to click on the Install button.
- A pop-up box will appear on your screen showing all the permissions you need to accept.
- Click on the Accept button to grant the permissions and close the pop-up box.
- That’s it!
Once the above steps are completed, you will see the download process begin in the emulator. It may take some time to download and save all the required files; but once that’s done, Facebook Messenger for PC will be installed successfully.
Read: ES File Explorer for PC
You can now go to BlueStacks on your computer and then select the “All Apps” tab from the dashboard to see all the apps and games installed. Click on the messenger app icon to open it on your desktop screen, sign in using your Facebook account, give the required permissions and start chatting with your friends.
This is how you can download Facebook Messenger for PC online using BlueStacks emulator! If you liked the article, then share it with your friends as well so that they too can download it and use it on their computer.